Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UK Countdown!

It still doesn't seem real to me, but I only have 3 days until I leave for England! As this is my first international flight, I'm a little nervous, but excited all at the same time. It's hard to believe that after years and years of dreaming about going to Europe, I'm finally getting there. And not just visiting one country, but 4 (England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland)! For those of you who don't know, I'm going with my best friend, Laura, and a tour group called Fun for Less Tours (http://www.funforlesstours.com/britishIsles070409.html). It's 15 days long and hits all the main tourist attractions in the UK, which will be awesome.

I think the castles and old architecture will be my favorite part, since I've always been fascinated with the Middle Ages. I'm also excited to see where famous authors and literature came from, including C.S. Lewis, Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, etc. Oh--and the Harry Potter sites will be amazing as well! It's fun to think that I'll actually be going to the places that first inspired the writers I've studied about in my English class. Not to mention, this trip will also give my story-oriented brain dozens of new ideas for future novels!

I'll post dozens of new pictures on my blog when I return. But for now, only 3 more days of waiting to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment