Well, our magazine is due to press tomorrow! So, being one of the senior designers on the staff, guess how I spent my weekend? Yep--in the Humanities Computer Lab on campus finishing the designs for numerous articles. I literally was in the lab for 8 hours on Saturday, which wasn't too fun, but worth it. I've even had dreams for the past few nights about the magazine--that's how much Stowaway is on the brain. Wow.
On the bright sid
e, we're almost done and I think the final product will look amazing! If you're interested in seeing the first issue of Stowaway created by a previous class, you can go to http://zines.byu.edu/. (This is a picture of the original Stowaway magazine. Ours is going to look pretty different.) Our magazine will be available to look at or buy online in a few months. I'll keep you posted.Anyway, I've learned a lot from being apart of the staff and creating a magazine. The most important thing I've learned is that I NEVER want to have a career in magazines. The constant challenge to meet tight deadlines and the stress of it all would kill me! But I have enjoyed designing for the magazine, which I definitely like better than editing...man, it's going to be tough finding a job in a few months! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment