Monday, September 27, 2010

Missing the Family

While in a conversation with some of my co-workers at lunch today, I realized how much I miss my family. It occurred to me that despite my occasional feelings of loneliness and longing to be in a different stage of life over this past summer, I was happy overall. In fact, living at home and being with my family was therapeutic. My emotions didn't seem to be a constant roller coaster as they are now, and I was content with life in general. Yes, I still had my fears about the future, but the comfort of home helped ease my anxieties. I grew closer to my sister, my younger brother, my parents--even my dog, which is a big deal for me (My dog, Kenai, has a mind of her own, so we didn't always see eye-to-eye =))

So I've been looking at some pictures from this past summer, especially the last two months, and realizing how lucky I am to have the family that I have. It was such a blessing that I could spend so much time with them, especially at this stage of life. Honestly, I probably will never live at home again, making me even more grateful for four months of nothing but family time.

Feeling the love...

Family picture after Trevor got home from his mission (missing Brad and Jessica)

Kristin (my soon to be sister-in-law), Kim, me, and Trevor playing miniature golf last August

Mom's turn

Trevor and Kristin

Me and Kimberly (LOVE this picture)

Family hike to a falls in the Columbia Gorge. The water was a little cold...

...hence why Trevor's trying to climb the wall in the background. Not sure how Mom's smiling in that icy water...

Guess who turned the big 5-0?

That's right! Mom!

Trevor felt the need to emphasize her age in this picture.

Sorry, Grandma--you're not 50, but the glasses do make you look younger =)

As you can see from these pictures (and from past posts), we had quite the eventful summer! And it's only going to get more exciting. Trevor and Kristin are getting married in December, so the entire family will be together for the wedding. Brad and Jessica just moved to San Antonio, TX, so it will be fun seeing them again. And of course there's Christmas break! I'll get to spend an entire week at home (a perk of having an internship instead of a full-time position). I can't wait!!!

1 comment: