Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Travelers

Richard and I have done quite a bit of traveling over the past few weeks, including a trip two weekends ago to Arizona. I had never been to Arizona before other than a quick pass through, so I was excited to see where Richard grew up and to see some sun. It was a quick, 3 1/2 day weekend trip, but the 21+ hours of driving was definitely worth it!

We spent the first night in the "small" town of Kingman and stayed the night with Richard's parents. Then we were off to Phoenix, where it was actually in the 80's! I wore shorts and flip flops for the first time since September and enjoyed every minute of it. In Phoenix, we spent time with Richard's twin brother and his family, including going to a Phoenix Suns game. And they won, which made the game that much better! We also drove around visiting some of Richard's friends from college and more family. So LOTS of driving, lots of visits, lots of brown and sage brush, and lots of sun and wind, but all completely worth it!

Hooray for road trips! I'm so glad Richard likes to drive so I don't have to...(and I'm glad he always keeps his eyes forward ;))

We had pretty amazing seats for half of the game, and then we switched with another couple we were with. It's a little more exciting when you can see what's happening!


Our half-time special: dancing old women. It was hilarious!


Andrea, Robert, Richard, Me

A few weeks ago, we also made a quick trip to Vegas for a funeral. Despite the sad reason for us being there and spending a lot of time with Richard's extended family, we still managed to get out and explore a little, including visiting the new bridge over the Hoover Dam. Here is my favorite pictures from the trip:


Being afraid of heights, this was not an easy picture to take...

And in a few weeks, we're off to Oregon! I CAN'T WAIT to show Richard where I grew up! Maybe the grass and trees and rain will grow on him...green is his favorite color, after all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment