I love summer because it means spending time reading good books instead of staring at textbooks for hours at a time. And this past weekend I took a day trip to Boise and had plenty of time in the car to read! And what was my current find at the Provo Library? The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. It was another great quick reads! I started it when we left on Saturday and finished it before I got home. I actually had to finish the last few chapters under a reading light, refusing to let the darkness stop me from seeing how everything turned out. Again, I recommend it (along with the other books on my blog) if you want a quick read.As the title states, it's about a girl named Piper who was born with the ability to fly. After she becomes a "threat" to her small town, she is sent to a school where she meets other children with talents similar to her own. The book had a few twists and heart-stopping moments, never having a dull moment! I loved Victoria Forester's writing style as well with multiple perspectives and a tight plot. Reading great children's books like this one has been a huge help to me as I continue to edit and work on my own novel. So if you have a spare moment or are leaving for vacation soon, I totally recommend you read The Girl Who Could Fly because it's definitely worth it! (Don't you love how I promote these great books? I bet the authors do too...=))
No comments:
Post a Comment