Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Tales of Beedle the Bard


Last Sunday, I started and finished reading JK Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard. It was a fun quick-read that I enjoyed more than I thought I would. JK Rowling is a brilliant creative writer! Her book was full of old wizard folklore and fairy tales, similar to what we'd read in the Brother's Grimm or Hans Christian Andersen, and yet all made-up and perfect for her Harry Potter world. Reading it really made me want to go back and re-read the 7th Harry Potter book! It's sad to admit it's my favorite book in the series, and yet I only read it once, the night it came out. I think I've re-read the first three books at least 3 or 4 times since they were the only books out when I first got into Harry Potter in 7th grade. JK Rowling is definitely one writer I wouldn't mind emulating!

No comments:

Post a Comment