I LOVE IT!!!
Last week was a little overwhelming because of training and orientation and trying to remember all the places and people and things I went to/met/saw, but overall, my experience was a positive one. Because I agreed not to post anything specific about my job on my private blog, I can only say I've been doing a lot of source checking, citations, and XML (website) work for multiple projects. It's a different kin
d of editing than I'm used to--more academic--but I'm liking it. And, of course, the project itself is amazing. It still blows my mind how many documents we have from Joseph Smith or people who knew him, and how many stories go with each one. I feel like I'm really doing God's work when I'm at work, which only inspires me to try harder and focus on the details.I'm also liking my new roommates, although I haven't seen them much, and my new ward. Again, I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. I've never felt the guidance of the spirit so strongly in my life before, and I love it! When I'm having a hard day or I'm hating my commute to and from work (which doesn't seem like it should be that bad, but it really is), I just remind myself that I'm following Heavenly Father's plan for me and that life is good. I really have so much to be thankful for, like even having a job in the first place. Honestly, I feel like I'm being more blessed than I deserve, but I know the Lord knows what He's doing =)
(The picture is of the Church History Library where I work, east of the Conference Center downtown)
That is one beautiful building if I must say so :) I'm so glad you're liking your work. Deron would kill to have a job that he enjoys but too bad he's already signed his life away. We're trying to buy some baby things every time we go shopping. I bought 6 packs of wipes for just 12 dollars the other day and got overly excited haha.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear you are doing well Allison! Where are you living again?
ReplyDeleteI'm living in the SLC/Holladay area, off of 45th South (east of the freeway). I would love to see you and Stephanie sometime! Well, maybe on Thursday, actually... (then again, I doubt you're coming, but who knows...) =)
ReplyDelete