Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Hunger Games

You HAVE to read this book!!!

I'm not even kidding.

Last Friday I basically sat in my bedroom for 4 hours and read it straight through. I literally couldn't put it down! I loved the characters, the plot, the concept--pretty much everything about it. I think Suzanne Collins is a brilliant, brilliant writer. Every chapter ended in such a way that you just had to keep reading.

Of course, I don't want to give anything away, but I'd describe the book as 1984 meets Hatchet (but a million-times better than both books, in my opinion--they have similar concepts, but WAY different stories). It's all about survival for the main character, Katniss, who volunteers to be a part of "the hunger games"--a sacrificial, fight-to-the death event that happens once-a-year in her "Big Brother is watching you"-type country. The story definitely keeps you on your toes, and the ending makes you long for more. In fact, I'm going to buy the second book, Catching Fire, after work tomorrow because I don't think I can stand another day without knowing what happens!

Soooo...READ IT READ IT READ IT!!! But when you do, make sure you set aside a block of time because once you start, you won't be able to stop!

3 comments:

  1. You seriously need to catch up. I bet everyone else has already read that book and the rest of the series...jeesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then they should read it again--it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read it someday - when I have the time with no school work to worry about. I have a dream to read a million books and it's definetly on the list.
    By the way, did you ever get a message from Karli asking if you want to join us on a finding aHalloween costume adventure this Friday?

    ReplyDelete