Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Goal: Accomplished

Today is the first day of December, which means my November goal of writing every day is complete! And I'm happy to announce that I accomplished my goal 100%! Hooray!

Now that I'm sucked back into my novel, there's no way I'm going to stop working on it, even if I don't "have" to. In fact, my new goal is to have the 2nd draft completely finished by the end of January. That gives me two months to work on about 250 more pages. Demanding? Yes. Difficult? Most likely. Possible? Definitely.

I also want to start researching agents and submitting query letters. This is probably going to be the hardest part yet: rejection letter after rejection letter. Let's face it, even J.K. Rowling was rejected a few dozen times before someone decided to give Harry Potter a try. And my novel is definitely NOT the next Harry Potter (nor would I ever want it to be).

But my sister did give me the best compliment ever the other day via email, which gave me another glimpse of the joys of being an author (she's currently reading my novel and is the voice of all teenage girls):

"Ahhhhhhhhh y is ur book so good? When I'm not reading it, I'm thinking about it lol . In this chapter u r using dramatic irony cuz i as the audience know about Leah and perry but Evan doesn't and ya...it's good! And sad :("

I'm not going to tell you what she means by this; you'll have to read it and find out for yourself someday ;)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that feeling of accomplishment - way to go Allison - you ROCK girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go Allison! Would love to read it when you are all done!!!! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete