Only two more weeks EXACTLY from today until Richard and I are married!!!
Yes, I am a little excited. It's sometimes hard to believe that the day is almost here, especially after 3 months of waiting (yes, I know--3 months isn't that long), and other times I think about it and go, "Holy cow! I'm getting married in 2 weeks!" It's still pretty surreal, especially after so many years of hoping for it and thinking about it and wondering about the who and when and how. And even though I obviously don't know what the future holds, I do know who I will be traveling the road of life with, and that's both exciting and comforting.
Another update: We're moving our stuff into our new apartment on Thursday! This was a surprise to both Richard and I as of 2 days ago when we received a phone call from the apartment complex we'll be staying at and they told us our apartment became available a week early. This is GREAT news since originally we would've been moving the day before driving to Oregon (which would've meant chaos, extreme exhaustion, and a LONG night before getting up extra early the next day and driving for 12 hours). However, this also means I'll be packing all weekend long! But I actually enjoy packing and cleaning and organizing, and this move is especially exciting because it means closing the door on one stage of my life and opening a door to another. Crazy how life works sometimes. I'll be the one staying at our new place until we're married, which will also give me a chance to start unpacking and get things settled so the apartment will be semi-put together when we return as newlyweds.
Another update: We're moving our stuff into our new apartment on Thursday! This was a surprise to both Richard and I as of 2 days ago when we received a phone call from the apartment complex we'll be staying at and they told us our apartment became available a week early. This is GREAT news since originally we would've been moving the day before driving to Oregon (which would've meant chaos, extreme exhaustion, and a LONG night before getting up extra early the next day and driving for 12 hours). However, this also means I'll be packing all weekend long! But I actually enjoy packing and cleaning and organizing, and this move is especially exciting because it means closing the door on one stage of my life and opening a door to another. Crazy how life works sometimes. I'll be the one staying at our new place until we're married, which will also give me a chance to start unpacking and get things settled so the apartment will be semi-put together when we return as newlyweds.
I can't wait!!!
Hey Allison! I just discovered your blog! And I'm so glad I did. You are such a wonderful person and it was fun to catch up (if only via cyber space). Congrats on your wedding! And best of luck to you!
ReplyDelete