I'm still waiting to get my DVD of photos from our wedding photographer, but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to post my favorites. Sadly, no one seems to have taken pictures of the wedding day except for the photographer and my aunt (life saver!) My aunt even presented us with an album full of her pictures when we returned from our honeymoon. I've posted a few on facebook, so I guess look there if you're interested in wedding photos until I get the professional ones (which I'll post here...someday).
We just returned from our first ward party, and I'm pretty excited about our ward. It seems to have a good blend of young married couples, well-established families, and elderly couples. And everyone seems so friendly! I'm sure they'll put us to work in no time.
In summary, married life is AMAZING. I feel so blessed not only to be married, but to be married to Richard, who is nothing short of perfect. Our first week back to real life, he got up early and made me lunches for work, including writing "Allison Mathews" on the paper bag. He has been a big help putting are apartment together (he makes our bed almost every day!) and being patient with my picky organizing and decorating wants. Perhaps he still doesn't understand why I needed new silverware and real glasses rather than the miss-match forks and spoons and plastic cups, but he has happily gone with the flow and let me do what I want. And I love him even more everyday =)
I'm still in Limbo between being Allison Morgan and Allison Mathews. As hard as I try to introduce myself as Allison Mathews, I'm still technically Allison Morgan until our marriage license arrives in the mail and I can legally change my name. Meanwhile, I have to keep signing with my maiden name since that's what it says on all the cards but practice getting used to being "Sister Mathews" or "Richard's wife"--both GREAT titles =) And practicing my new signature is like learning cursive all over again. How in the world do you go from a cursive "w" to a cursive "s"? But one positive: I now get to cross a "t"!
Well, this is beginning to sound more like one of my journal entries or a rambling voice message more than anything else. What good is a blog if there aren't any pictures? So here are a few from the Utah open-house (sorry there aren't very many, but I wasn't the one behind the camera):
Gift opening! All the nieces and nephews wanted a turn "helping" us unwrap our gifts. It may have been close to chaos by the end, but it was a lot of fun. It feels good being an aunt =)
No comments:
Post a Comment