Today is another momentous day! (drum roll please)...
I sent my manuscript to a publisher!!!
My very first one. A cover letter, the first 30 pages of my novel, and a synopsis of the entire story. I'm surprisingly calm about the whole thing. Honestly, I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I don't think this publishing house will accept it just because they usually don't accept submissions without an agent representative. The only reason I submitted to them was because I met the editor at the UVU Children's Literature Conference I attended last March and she gave everyone a sticker for one free submission. I guess it's out of my hands now...literally. And I wouldn't mind a rejection letter: it will be good preparation for the future, as I know there will be many more ahead. But I'm so excted about finally sending it off! My goal was last July, and then I tried taking it to 3 different post offices last Saturday only to discover that they were all closed! Now my baby is off to New York. =) I'm glad I don't have to worry about it anymore, although I still have a ton of editing left to do on the rest of the story. But hooray! I've take the 2nd step to becoming a published author (the 1st step actually write a novel).
I think this calls for ice cream...
I saw your blog on brad and jessica's blog....we should be blog buddies. Congrats on your first submission. That is so sweet!I'm very impressed...... HOpe you are doing well
ReplyDeleteWOW, congratulations!!!!!!!! That is SO exciting!
ReplyDeleteMeredith, I would love to be blog buddies! =)
ReplyDeleteLet us know as soon as you hear anything!!
ReplyDelete