A little over a month ago, my grandma had open-heart surgery. I wasn't too worried about the outcome--somehow I knew she would pull through all right--but none of us thought she would be doing this well. She is up and moving about almost like she was before! However, there are still a few things she's not supposed to do, like drive or lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Because I was already coming back to Utah for Laura's wedding, I volunteered to stay a few extra days to help my grandma out.
I've been staying at my grandma's house for over a week now, and it has been fun spending time with her and serving her in any way possible. We go to cardiac rehab exercise classes every M-W-F morning, and then I get to help plan and prepare meals and do miscellaneous tasks throughout the day. But what I really want to share with everyone is this:
My grandma has the most beautiful flower garden in Utah! Her entire backyard is filled with tulips and other flowers that I honestly can't name, but they're gorgeous! So, for your viewing pleasure, I took some pictures to show off. This is what I get to see everyday:
I'm pretty lucky, huh? Not only do I get to spend one-on-one time with my grandma, but I also get to enjoy her beautiful garden.
Pretty!!!!
ReplyDeleteNot a bad flower garden for someone who just had quadruple bipass open-heart surgery!!!!
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are beautiful!! There's so many tulips! =)
ReplyDelete