I realized as I looked over my blog today that my last couple posts haven't really said anything about my life at this point. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I thought I'd give a brief update nonetheless.
So, how's life???
Well, I guess I'd be lying if I said everything is fine and dandy. The transition from a full-time student to a full-time...who knows?...has been harder than I originally thought. Yes, I'm currently living at home in Oregon because I lack the funds to be on my own, and I've joined the hundreds of others who are currently seeking employment. I've heard back from one place I applied to about possibly setting up an interview. It would be the ideal job in some ways because of the location, pay, and benefits, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.
I've also tried to re-build my non-existent social life. I have to admit, it has been pretty lonesome leaving my friends in Provo, especially my best friend who is now a married and happily starting her new life. I know very few people here, and I can't help but wonder if having a dating life will even be possible. As nice as some of the people I have met are, many of them lack any ambition, and they haven't experienced much outside of living at home. I'm definitely not at BYU anymore.
On a more positive note, I'm still trying to keep up with my writing. Honestly, there were a few weeks where I was a little too down on life to write, but now that I've picked it up again, it has been my solace in many ways. When I write, I forget about my cares and worries, even for only a few minutes. I'm still trying to revise my novel. My goal is to research agents and begin submitting it in the next month or two. Hopefully I can get through the 500+ pages of revision in that short amount of time.
And the two things I have to look forward to at this point?:
1. My younger brother, Trevor, comes home on June 23rd--exactly a month from today--after serving a two-year mission for my church! It will be good having someone to hang out with for a few months before he returns to school.
2. I'M GOING ON A CRUISE IN A WEEK!!! My parents are being extremely nice, and for my graduation gift, they're taking me and my sister on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. It hasn't really hit me that I'm actually going until today, so I've been building up my excitement. It will be nice to get away from the Oregon rain (as much as I love it, it can't be depressing sometimes) and not think about finding a job or the fact that I have no social life. All I'll have to worry about while I'm gone is not gaining too much weight on the all-you-can-eat seafood and ice cream bars. What a life, huh? =) (Actually, to be completely honest, I won't even worry about gaining weight. I'll be on vacation after all).
Anyway, I also wanted to mention that I finally got a facebook account a few weeks ago so I could keep in touch with far-away friends. I try not to get on too much, but it really has helped drive away some of the loneliness at times. I'm not sure how many people (if any) actually read this blog, but I'd like to stay connected somehow.
As I read over this post, I hope it doesn't sound too depressing. I really have so much to be thankful for--family close by, a college degree to help me stand-out as I look for a job, and a beautiful green state to live in. I know my Heavenly Father has blessed me so much. As tough as this time in my life is, He has never left me for a moment. No, I have no idea what the future will bring, but I know He does, and He has a purpose in mind for me. It's scary having to step into the dark, but I know He's leading me along. He knows what tomorrow will bring even if I don't. All I need to do is continue to trust in the Lord, who will always provide a way even if I can't see how things will work out. These truths are some of the only things keeping me going right now, but they're just enough.
Kewpie
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment