Saturday, August 21, 2010

My New Place

My mom, sister, and I took a last-minute trip to Utah a week ago to do some apartment hunting. And after only looking at three places, I found a place to live. Ironically, it's completely opposite of what I had imagined for myself, but it felt right, so I went ahead and paid my deposit.

Ta-da!!!


So, from the outside it looks huge, and, honestly, it's pretty big inside as well, but let me explain why...

7 girls--yes, 7!--live there, including me
It has 3 levels, including a basement
There are 2 kitchens
7 bedrooms
5 bathrooms
3 washers and dryers
2 fridges/ 3 freezers and
2 living rooms

(Yep, told you it was big.) Anyway, the house is really a duplex that one of my roommate's dad built and turned into housing for his daughter and 6 other girls. All 7 of us live on one side of the duplex, and the other side is owned by someone else. When I first heard about this place, I wasn't too sure, but after finding out that I could have my own bedroom, a walk-in closet, share a bathroom with only 1 other girl, and feel like I live in a house instead of an apartment for a really good price, I was sold. Plus, it's really close to work (it's in the Holladay/Murray area of South SLC, so only 15 min to work) and is apart of a great single's ward. What more can I ask for?

I drive down to Utah for the final time on Friday and move in on Saturday. I'm pretty excited to finally start work and have a normal routine again. This summer has been great, but I guess I'm ready to move on once more. I'm also excited to meet my new roommates (I've only met 2) and make some new friends. 6 other girls still feels overwhelming at times, but I'm sure it'll be fine in the end. Luckily, most of them are about my age and going through similar stages of life. And I'm so excited to have a chick flick night again! It's been WAY too long.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a dream! Congrats that is super exciting!!! Have Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! What a beautiful place! I'm so glad that you get to have chick flick nights! :)

    ReplyDelete