Monday, November 1, 2010

The Princess and the Lady Bug

This Halloween, I was finally able to fulfill my childhood fantasy and dress up as a princess--Princess Fiona, to be precise. You know--the half-human, half-ogre from Shrek? The only difference was I didn't have to turn green come midnight. In fact, my transition from human to ogre was pretty simple. Let me demonstrate:

Princess Fiona the human:

(not the best picture--not going to lie...)

Voila! Princess Fiona the ogre:


I was also one lucky princess because I got to spend the evening at a ball (well, the YSA Halloween dance, which is probably as close to a ball as I'll ever get, although Prince Charming never showed up) and hang out with one cute bug:

Miss Sariah, the Lady Bug
(aka my roommate):


Here is Fiona modeling her princess dress (yes, this was taken in the bathroom...a minor detail):

After dancing the night away (Fiona even got to dance with Dwight from The Office and Napoleon Dynamite!) , the princess and the lady bug decided that they had had enough dancing for one night and headed home, but not without taking some cute pictures together:

(Yes, that is Casper behind us)

And they lived happily ever after.

(Well, they got to watch My Fair Lady and eat buttery popcorn the next night, which made both of them VERY happy. )

P.S. As an editing nerd, I have to point out the fact that I went from first person to third person in only a few sentences. Classic.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. You are seriously the cutest roommate I've ever had! I was going to be a prego girl for Halloween but that didn't work out so great...

    ReplyDelete