Saturday, November 20, 2010

Writing and Harry Potter

Well, we're already halfway through November, so I thought I should take a minute to update everyone on how my writing goal is going (see previous post). I'm happy to say that I've met my goal of writing every day this month! They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, but after only a week of writing, I was hooked. Writing can become an obsession with me sometimes, especially with this novel, and I'm definitely obsessed once again. Ever since getting back into the habit of writing daily, I haven't been able to stop thinking about my story--at work, in the car, when I'm listening to music, ALL the time. It's really my favorite thing to do: come home, put on my pajamas, and sit at my computer and write. Unfortunately, most nights are too busy for this luxury, and I can only spend 10 or 20 minutes working on my novel, but it's at least something.

While I'm already adding a new post, I want to also say that Harry Potter is also my new obsession right now; at least, it's always on the brain. I was extremely lucky and got to see the movie the day before it was released in theaters! On top of that, I got to see it a second time the day it came out. My roommate and I also had a Harry Potter marathon and watched movies 3-6 every night this past week. SO, the past five days have been nothing but Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter. And I'm ok with that =)

No comments:

Post a Comment