Having grown up in Oregon, I'm pretty used to the rain and often miss it living in this desert state called Utah. Well, my parents warned me it was supposed to rain the entire time I was there, and I got excited! Little did I know how much it would rain. Honestly, I forgot how hard it can pour! On Sunday morning, I woke up to the sound of rain hitting my bedroom window faster than you can blink. As I laid in bed for a moment, enjoying the warmth and coziness of my blankets, I suddenly heard my parents' shouting and realized it was coming from outside. Apparently, the tarp covering our boat and tent trailer was filling up with water and breaking.
So, being the good daughter that I am, I decided to take a few pictures of my poor parents trying to fix the tarp IN the pouring rain. There was no way I was going to join them; instead, I recorded the moment, which I'm sure my dear parents will appreciate a few years from now =)
Here they are trying to fix the tarp. As you can see, it's not easy with that much water pelting you. They were both soaked to the bone within seconds.
And a closeup of my dear parents, who I'm sure will love me for this ;) My mom's coat left a large puddle of water in our garage after this was over.
The view from my other bedroom window. I felt like I was on a ship in the middle of the ocean (well, minus large tree blocking view). Pretty exciting, eh?
So just to eliminate any doubts you may have, it really DOES rain in Oregon...crazy.
Oh, and on a random note, here are some fun pictures Kimberly and I took in Macy's dressing room when me, Kimberly, and my mom had some quality girl time shopping:
Oh, and on a random note, here are some fun pictures Kimberly and I took in Macy's dressing room when me, Kimberly, and my mom had some quality girl time shopping:
EWWWWWWW those are horrible!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree with Kim here. They are pretty horrible to be honest... bahahaha
ReplyDeleteMy point, precisely ;)
ReplyDelete